I want to make things clear before you start reading this post. So, “Is shein Legit Safe or a Scam?”
Shein is a Good Site with Good Quality.
WHAT IS SHEIN CLOTHING?
As someone who has shopped at Shein over the years, I can’t believe I finally sat down to write this post. I know many of my readers are fashionistas on a very tight budget. And websites like Shein, Romwe, Oasap, and Choies offer stunning pieces that are irresistible but sound too good to be true.
That is correct, I have perused the terrible stories and even seen Shein’s BBB surveys. The appraisals are a long way from empowering however yet you see these garments on each blogger and spending plan fashionista.
Prepare to be blown away. Amazon Fashion presently continues 500 SheIn items. You would now be able to attempt, return or trade SheIn apparel that you’re not in adoration with. Discussion about “starting happiness” with the pieces you own!
Is shein Legit Safe or a Scam?
Is Shein a scam? Is Shein trustworthy? How is the quality of SheIn clothes? Has anyone ever shopped from Shein (SheInside)? What is SheIn return policy?
Well, you came to the right place.
I’m sure you’re wondering:
This post is my honest opinion, experience, and photos to your question as a consumer, like you. I discovered Shein while I was in college, a few years ago. Over the years, I’ve spent my dime shopping at stores like Shein. Ready? Let’s get started!
Shein is a Good Site with Good Quality
So, is Shein legit? The short answer to your question is YES. But some of their practices can come off as unconventional (and suspicious). For example, you have to pay out of pocket for the international return (read Shein return policy).
However, US customers get a free return on their first order within 40 days of placing an order (read it here). The free return policy does not account for how long it takes for your order to arrive at your doorstep, which can be weeks!
Unlike a lot of U.S stores where I am accustomed to shopping at, you get free shipping and a lot of times free returns on your order.
WHERE DOES SHEIN SHIP FROM?
Shein is based in China. My last order shipped from Hong Kong. I received free Express Shipping on my purchase for spending over $100. I also applied a Shein coupon code and $0.99 in points which got my order down to $99. My package arrived in less than one week.
If you’re in a hurry to get your package on time, I recommend you upgrade to Express Shipping ($12.90 to the US). Alternatively, buy more than $100 worth of items to get free Express Shipping.
WHAT IS SHEIN RETURN POLICY?
So you received your order from Shein and decided that you’re not in love with the clothes. What are your options for returning the items and getting your money back?
Well, it’ll surprise you to know that unless you paid shipping insurance, you’re responsible for the return cost. I’ve never paid for shipping insurance. I donate or give out any Shein clothes I’m not in love with.
I figured that since the clothes are already so inexpensive, I’m better off donating the products than jumping through hoops to get a refund. It’s just not worth my time. Here’s a link to Shein’s return policy.
So you’ve read the reviews about Shein, but you can’t resist ordering that item you’ve had your eyes on. Here are a few shopping tips to keep in mind while shopping on Shein.com.
TIPS ON BUYING SHEIN CLOTHING
- Only get pieces with reviews, so you have a good idea of what other customers think about it. Shein clothing always look perfect on the models (they have a business to run!). You can make a better decision when you see the same piece on an actual customer.
- Always double-check Shein sizing measurement of each item. Just because an article is listed in standard XS-XL does not mean you should get your regular size. Shein clothing typically runs small so be aware of your measurement so you can size up (or down) as needed.
- Yout first time, second time or tenth time shopping at Shein? Look for a Shein coupon code to reduce the cost of your order. I was able to save a 10% off my $100+ order with code AFE10. Shein routinely offers significant discounts, which you can find listed on their website. You can try this Shein coupon code to save $$: $10 off any order of $59+ -ROUND2.
- Shein is an excellent destination if you’re looking to fill in your closet with newer and affordable styles (like faux suede, ruffle sleeves, peplum dresses, and off-shoulder tops). Shopping on this website is also a great way to explore new designs that you’re considering splurging on. As an example, check out this stunning $495 Self Portrait lace dress and its $29 Shein alternative!
- I wouldn’t recommend Shein for wardrobe staples or classic pieces you intend to wear for years to come. Of course, there are a few exceptions. But generally speaking, Shein is a one-stop-shop for fast fashion.
- As the saying goes, “you get what you pay for.” Do not expect high-quality fabric from Shein. However, I have found a few keepers.
A REVIEW OF THE SHEIN DRESSES I RECENTLY BOUGHT “shein is a Good Site with Good Quality”
After I released that shein is a Good Site with Good Quality, I placed my order on June 16th, and it arrived on June 21. You get FREE and fast Express shipping if your Shein order is $100 or more.
Don’t get too excited though. I live in Alaska, and free Express Shipping was not available for my location. Based on my previous experience shopping and shipping my order to Alaska, I would have received my package via standard shipping anywhere between 2-4 weeks.
So I chose to ship to family in the lower 48. I also did not pay shipping insurance ($2.99).
Of note, although Shein accepts major credit cards and PayPal. I paid with PayPal as I always do for stores located outside the US. PayPal has a strict policy and tends to favor customers in cases of dispute.
You’ll notice from my order above that the sizes of clothes I ordered range from XS to M. This is because Shein clothing size is, in my opinion, all over the board. I looked at the measurement (in inches) of each item before deciding on which size to order.
Is shein Legit Safe or a Scam? Absoluty is Legit.